Suitable for mothers from the end of gestation and through lactation, this recipe is designed to meet a new mom’s high, energy needs. For pups, it contains nutritional elements present in mother’s milk. The kibble can be rehydrated easily and made into a porridge-like consistency. This makes the milk-to-solids transition easier on weaning puppies. This recipe also has nutrients that contribute to building your pet’s immune system and encourages good digestive health.
- Food Type: Dry food for dogs
- Suitable for mothers of medium-sized breeds (11-25 Kg)
- Also suitable for puppies (up to 2 months)
- Kibble is easy to rehydrate
- Great to transition puppies from mother’s milk to solid food
- Contains nutrients that are present in mother’s milk
- Nutrition contributes to building the immune system and supports digestion
- Consult a vet before altering your pet’s diet
- Always have fresh water available for your pet
- Never exceed recommended feeding quantities unless prescribed by a vet
HUFT Tip: New born pups cannot maintain their own body heat for a week or two after birth. This is why they all huddle close to mom and to each other. If your pet has just given birth to a litter, one of the most important things to do is to make sure none of the pups are pushed away by the others and all are kept warm.
Feeding requirements will vary based on your pet’s level of activity, environment and age.